Seitseminen National Park is located in the municipalities of Ikaalinen and Ylöjärvi in Finland.
- The national park was established in 1982 and later expanded in 1989. It now covers 45.5 square kilometres. The park is a typical mix of upland and lowland coniferous boreal forests of the Suomenselkä watershed region.
- Upland areas are dominated by closed productive stands of Norway spruce and Scots pine while lowland areas are covered by sphagnum swamp and bog areas that also contain stunted (Scots pine) and shrublike (Norway spruce). These swamp and bog areas appear to be barren due to the sparse tree densities. Parts of the park contain some of the most ancient and oldest forests that are accessible to public in Finland.
- The park has about 60km marked trails, some of which are suitable for prams and wheelchairs. In winter, there’s network about 45km skiing trails.
- The Kovero Farm (Koveron kruununmetsätorppa), a tenant farm established in 1859, is part of the cultural heritage area of the park. Seitseminen National Park received the European Diploma of Protected Areas on June 19, 1996. It was valid until June 2011.
- Access to the northern part of the National Park is from Länsi-Aure Village on Kuru-Parkano 332-road.
- To the southern part of the park drive from Ylöjärvi-Kuru road 65 via Poikelus (road 2764), or from Luhalahti via Sisättö (road 2764).
By Public Transportation
- There are also daily coach connections from Tampere to Kuru. It is possible to get to Parkano by bus (www.matkahuolto.fi) or by train (www.vr.fi). Note that the railway station in Parkano is about 6 km from the town centre.
- There are busses between Parkano and Kuru during the school days (from Monday to Friday).
- Matka.fi provides information on public transportation to Seitseminen (www.matka.fi).
Customer Service and Guidance
- Metsähallitus Parks & Wildlife Finland
Tel. int +358 (0)206 39 5270
- Kovero Crown Tenant Farm
The housekeepers will show visitors around in the cottage and talk about life in the old times.
- Seitseminen Nature Centre
- Nature exhibition, free entrance
- Cafe and restaurant
- Services are offered by a local enterprise
Please read instructions and rules in Seitseminen National Park before visiting.
You can leave your photos and review at the bottom of this page! Enjoy your visit!